By Alvin Crespo
An advent to web-application improvement for cellular in the iOS Safari browser with this publication and ebook
- Simple and complicated difficulties may be coated with examples and assets that backup the strategy and technique.
- Real international strategies which are damaged down for a number of aim audiences; from newbie builders to technical architects.
- Learn to construct precise net purposes utilizing the most recent criteria for iOS Safari.
Create compelling internet functions particularly adapted for distribution on iOS Safari. paintings via genuine global examples with references, and in-depth discussions at the procedure; together with its advantages and drawbacks.
Start with reviewing present criteria for frontend improvement, and finish with making a local software utilizing a similar codebase.
Your trip will commence with an summary of present criteria for frontend know-how, quick relocating to unravel actual global concerns; from making a resizable or responsive gallery, to making a unmarried web page program that makes use of the preferred Backbone.js framework.
"HTML5 iPhone net software improvement" goals to make you knowledgeable in constructing net purposes for the iOS Safari platform.
What you'll study from this book
- Explore interesting HTML5 positive aspects akin to Geolocation and localStorage
- Responsive layout implementation
- Native software improvement utilizing PhoneGap
- Get to grips with present standards
- Develop touch-based interactivity
- Learn approximately Safari particular UI enhancements
- Find options to each day genuine international problems
Presented in a simple to keep on with, step-by-step educational structure, this can be your advisor to net software improvement for the iOS Safari
Who this ebook is written for
Make feel of your information: make it visible with the Google Visualization API
- Wrangle every type of information right into a visible structure, with out being knowledgeable programmer.
- Visualize new or present spreadsheet information via charts, graphs, and maps.
- Full of diagrams, middle thought reasons, most sensible perform counsel, and hyperlinks to operating e-book examples.
There's loads of facts in our global, and visible representations are usually the easiest approach to making experience of all of it. but, it's going to now not take a military of programmers and analysts to create visualizations with a purpose to make info priceless. The Google Visualization API is on the market to amateur and complex programmers alike, making facts invaluable to extra people.
"Google Visualization API necessities" will enable you create interactive information monitors with little or no code. The API, mixed with Google Spreadsheets and Fusion Tables, is an entire method, from information administration to analytical monitors. not just is it uncomplicated to benefit, however the Google Visualization API is usually considered as a primary step to studying extra Google APIs.
"Google Visualization API necessities" makes use of either technique overviews and hands-on examples with actual facts to introduce chart and graph construction at the Google platform. themes are provided from a number of points, together with Google Spreadsheets and Fusion Tables, and photograph person Interfaces. an outline of a number of the API improvement environments on hand to builders can also be lined. easy and complex charts, info resource connectivity, kind formatting, and publishing concepts also are explored in depth.
"Google Visualization API necessities" brings the arsenal of Google Visualizations into the net developer toolkit.
What you are going to study from this book
- Quickly release a graph, chart, or map as an program, with out the heavy-duty improvement environment.
- Create a number of interactive graphs from spreadsheet or database facts.
- Learn the Google API atmosphere via Visualizations, after which practice a similar suggestions to different Google APIs.
- Give clients keep watch over over info viewing with Interactive Chart Dashboards, or allow them to kind the visualization themselves with Chart Editor.
- Discover Google Refine, a data-cleaning device not only for visualisation data.
- Use Google Fusion Tables as a Google Map info source.
- Embed a visualization in Google Spreadsheets utilizing Apps Script API integration.
- Customize visualization shades, fonts, titles, and chart styles.
- Visualize your facts over the years with timeline and animation features.
This publication is a step by step educational jam-packed with diagrams, center inspiration motives, top perform guidance, and hyperlinks to operating e-book examples.
Who this booklet is written for
By Russ Ferguson, Christian Heilmann
- Dynamically control markup, validate varieties and care for pictures
- Debug functions utilizing good points contained in the browser
By Ben Vinegar, Anton Kovalyov
About this Book
Purchase of the print booklet contains a loose booklet in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Authors
Table of Contents
- Distributing and loading your application
- Rendering HTML and CSS
- Communicating with the server
- Cross-domain iframe messaging
- Authentication and sessions
- Debugging and testing
HTML5 opens up a plethora of recent avenues for program and video game improvement on the net. video games can now be created and interacted with at once inside of HTML, without having for clients to obtain additional plugins, or for builders to profit new languages. very important new gains comparable to the Canvas tag allow drawing at once onto the internet web page. The Audio tag permits sounds to be caused and performed from inside of your HTML code, the WebSockets API facilitates real-time communique, and the neighborhood garage API permits information reminiscent of excessive rankings or video game personal tastes to be stored on a user's desktop for retrieval subsequent time they play. All of those gains and lots of extra are lined inside The crucial advisor to HTML5.
- Concepts are brought and encouraged with easy-to-grasp, beautiful examples
- Code is defined intimately after common causes
- Reader is guided into easy methods to make the examples 'their personal'
By David Sawyer McFarland
The vital things you have to know:
- Use animations and effects. construct drop-down navigation menus, pop-ups, automatic slideshows, and more.
- Collect facts with internet forms. Create easy-to-use types that confirm extra actual customer responses.
- Practice with dwelling examples. Get step by step tutorials for internet initiatives you could construct yourself.
By John Pollock
- Key talents & Concepts--Chapter-opening lists of particular talents lined within the bankruptcy
- Ask the Expert--Q & A sections packed with bonus info and worthy advice
- Try This--Hands-on routines that make it easier to practice your talents
- Notes--Extra info concerning the subject being lined
- Tips--Helpful reminders or trade methods of doing issues
- Self-Tests--End-of-chapter reports to check your wisdom
- Annotated syntax--Example code with remark that describes the programming strategies being illustrated
- Code downloads supplied for initiatives within the publication
By Jennifer Niederst Robbins
Do you must construct websites, yet haven't any past adventure? This pleasant consultant is the ideal position to begin. You’ll commence at sq. one, studying how the net and websites paintings, after which progressively construct from there. through the top of the e-book, you’ll have the abilities to create an easy website with multi-column pages that adapt for cellular devices.
Learn easy methods to use the most recent innovations, most sensible practices, and present internet standards—including HTML5 and CSS3. each one bankruptcy offers workouts that will help you to profit a number of suggestions, and brief quizzes to ensure you comprehend key concepts.
This completely revised version is perfect for college kids and pros of all backgrounds and talent degrees, even if you’re a newbie or brushing up on current skills.
- Build HTML pages with textual content, hyperlinks, photographs, tables, and forms
- Use variety sheets (CSS) for shades, backgrounds, formatting textual content, web page structure, or even basic animation effects
- Learn in regards to the new HTML5 components, APIs, and CSS3 homes which are altering what you are able to do with internet pages
- Make your pages show good on cellular units through making a responsive net design
- Create and optimize internet pictures so they’ll obtain as speedy as possible
By Jonathan Chaffer, Karl Swedberg
* geared up menu to each technique, functionality, and selector within the jQuery library
* speedy search for beneficial properties of the jQuery library
* comprehend the anatomy of a jQuery script
* expand jQuery's integrated features with plug-ins, or even write your own
jQuery Reference Guide digs deeper into the library, taking you thru the syntax requirements and following up with a close dialogue. You'll detect the untapped chances that jQuery makes on hand, and hone your abilities as you come back to this consultant time and again.
What you'll research from this book?
* Get a extensive review of the jQuery library's functions with a real-world example
* study any jQuery approach, functionality, and selector intimately, anywhere and every time it's needed
* examine jQuery's plug-in structure, utilizing numerous methods to increase the library's capabilities
* discover the scale plug-in for purchasing the scale and place of any point at the page--even the record and browser window
* observe the shape plug-in for combining AJAX suggestions with HTML forms
This ebook is a close reference consultant, and a useful source for solutions to your whole jQuery questions. It starts with a real-world jQuery instance, which illustrates the constitution of a jQuery script. a close reference bankruptcy is then awarded for every of the most parts of jQuery. The e-book concludes with 3 reference chapters on jQuery plug-ins: the API for plug-in construction, the size plug-in, and the shape plug-in.
Who this ebook is written for?
This e-book is for net builders who desire a wide, prepared view of all of the jQuery library has to provide or a brief reference on their desks to consult for specific details.
Beginning Java eight APIs, Extensions and Libraries completes the Apress Java studying trip and is a accomplished method of studying the Java Swing, JavaFX, Java Scripting, JDBC and community programming APIs.
This booklet covers the major extensions of the Java programming language resembling Swing, JavaFX, community programming, and JDBC. every one subject starts off with a dialogue of the topic's historical past. A step by step strategy, with small snippets of Java code, presents easy-to-follow directions. on the finish of an issue, an entire and ready-to-run Java software is supplied. This publication comprises over one hundred thirty pictures and diagrams that will help you visualize and higher comprehend the subjects. greater than one hundred thirty entire courses let you perform and quick study the topics.
The Swing chapters speak about a variety of elements of operating with a GUI, from the very easy ideas of constructing a Swing program, to the main complex issues, resembling adorning a Swing part with a JLayer, drag-and-drop beneficial properties, Synth Skinnable L&F, and so on.
The bankruptcy on community programming covers the fundamentals of community applied sciences first, after which, the complex issues of community programming, utilizing a Java category library. It covers IPv4 and IPv6, addressing schemes, subnetting, supernetting, multicasting, TCP/IP sockets, UPD sockets, asynchronous socket I/O, etc.
The bankruptcy on JDBC offers the main points of connecting and dealing with databases comparable to Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, Java DB (Apache Derby), Sybase, Adaptive Server wherever, and so forth. It encompasses a entire dialogue on processing a ResultSet and a RowSet. It discusses tips on how to use the RowSetFactory, to procure a RowSet item of a particular variety. operating with huge items (LOBs), equivalent to Blob, Clob, and NClob, is roofed intimately with Java code examples and database scripts.